29 December 2010

Home comforts

Now unlike me, I'm sure you guys are a lot more organised and have already arranged your accommodation and informed the organisers of the event that you are attending. However if you do happen to be like me and haven’t - then thank God I'm not the only disorganised person in the world. Not knowing where to find accommodation in Ahmedabad can be pretty stressful especially with the utsav just around the corner. But that worry soon disappeared after reading a leaflet from the event organizers. They simply asked that I forward my arrival details and if I had any special requirements. I thought about asking if they could get a sea view with personal driver and 24-hour chef on hand - but then thought maybe that’s taking it slightly too far. Although it will not surprise me one bit if that request or anything remotely similar was actually made by some people. It was just nice to see that that the organisers were really going out of their way to make me feel at home and enjoy such a grand utsav to the fullest.

If you haven’t already done so do get in touch with your local representative at your temple and inform them with your travel and accommodation details, even if you have made your own arrangements. I’m more then happy to forward contact details of your local representative  

No comments:

Post a Comment